Does this scenario seem familiar? You pay premiums for a disability insurance policy with the expectation that one day if you can’t work your disability insurer will honour it’s obligation to pay you disability benefits. Unfortunately, you cannot continue working due to a physical or mental condition. You complete the application for disability benefits properly and your doctor sends a supporting form on your behalf. You wait anxiously for your disability payments to begin and your insurance company stonewalls and harasses you by doing the following:
- Repeatedly asking you to send the same records or forms over and over again.
- Calling you repeatedly and asking why you can’t work.
- Forcing you to attend a particular rehab facility whose sole purpose is to tell you that you are better and can work.
- Calling you and telling you that your disability benefits may be denied or terminated soon.
- Calling you and speaking to you in a bullying tone.
- Denying or terminating your disability benefits in spite of what your own doctor says.
If the above sounds familiar be rest assured that you are not alone. Unfortunately, such conduct has become commonplace. The lawyers at Kotak Personal Injury Law know the tricks that insurance companies use to deny or terminate disability claims.
If you have been denied short term or long term disability benefits you are no doubt feeling frustrated by the process. At Kotak Law we are committed to helping people access the disability benefits they have been denied and we understand your frustration with your disability insurance company.
We offer free consultations and don’t charge until your case is resolved. We represent people throughout Ontario and for those who cannot meet us at one of our offices we offer consultation at your home, a local coffee shop, courthouse, by telephone, Skype or WhatsApp.