Has this happened to you? You or your employer pay premiums for a Great West Life disability insurance policy with the belief that one day if you can’t work your disability insurer will honour it’s duty to pay you disability benefits. Unfortunately, you cannot continue working due to a physical or mental condition. You complete the application for disability benefits properly and your doctor sends a supporting form on your behalf. You wait patiently for your disability payments to begin and Great West Life does the following:
1. Asks you to send the records or forms repeatedly.
2. Calls you often and asks why you can’t work.
3. Pressures you to attend a particular rehab or vocational facility.
4. Calls you and tells you that there is a lack of evidence to support your claim.
5. Tells you that you have failed to mitigate.
6. Denies or terminates your disability benefits in spite of what your own physician says.
7. Alleges that you have a pre existing condition.
If the above sounds familiar be rest assured that you are not alone. The lawyers at Kotak Personal Injury Law are familiar with the manner in which long term disability claims are denied by disability insurance companies.
If you have been denied short term or long term disability benefits by Great West Life or another disability insurance company you are no doubt feeling frustrated by the process. At Kotak Law we are committed to helping people access the disability benefits they have been denied and we understand your anger with your disability insurance company.
We offer free consultations and don’t charge until your case is resolved. We represent people throughout Ontario, Alberta and for those who cannot meet us at one of our offices we offer consultation at your home, a local coffee shop, courthouse, by telephone, Skype or WhatsApp.