Does this scenario seem familiar? You pay premiums for a Sun Life disability insurance policy with the expectation that one day if you can’t work your disability insurer will honour it’s obligation to pay you disability benefits. Unfortunately, you cannot continue working due to a physical or mental condition. You complete the application for disability benefits properly and your doctor sends a supporting form on your behalf. You wait anxiously for your disability payments to begin and Sun Life does the following:
1. Asks you to send the more records or forms over and over again.
2. Calls you repeatedly and asks why you can’t work.
3. Pressures you to attend a particular rehab facility.
4. Calls you and tells you that there is insufficient evidence to support your claim.
5. Causes you to feel anxious.
6. Denies or terminates your disability benefits in spite of what your own doctor says.
7. Alleges that you have a pre existing condition.
If the above sounds familiar be rest assured that you are not alone. The lawyers at Kotak Personal Injury Law are familiar with the manner in which long term disability claims are denied by disability insurance companies.
If you have been denied short term or long term disability benefits by Sun Life or another disability insurance company you are no doubt feeling fatigued by the process. At Kotak Law we are committed to helping people access the disability benefits they have been denied and we understand your frustration with your disability insurance company.
We offer free consultations and don’t charge until your case is resolved. We represent people throughout Ontario and for those who cannot meet us at one of our offices we offer consultation at your home, a local coffee shop, courthouse, by telephone, Skype or WhatsApp.